Thursday, June 3, 2010

Body BREAKDOWN!

After over 6 months now, my body completely broke down yesterday. I've been as weak as i was post my surgery in 2006. No energy to sit up (forget standing up and walking around), even chewing food makes me feel tired (not kidding here). And therefore as i've spent the last 2 days in bed, it became abundantly clear (all over again) what a blessing health is; which we tend to take so much for granted.

When i first got to know about my heart condition, i was crest-fallen and depressed. From there i went onto "living for the day and enjoying every moment, 'coz my life might be short". In all this i was running away from the fact that i have an existing health condition. But it had to all come to a stand still when in 2006 i nearly slipped into a coma as my heart started pumping 300 times a minute! As a result when i had to undergo 2 surgeries in order to correct the issue and minimize the impact on my life; i knew my life wudn't b d same again.

Since then, i've had many people pray over me and have myself prayed and hoped many a time that i would be completely healed of the issue. But it just isn't God's will; instead He kept bringing back to me that His grace is all i need. And truly it is all we need! Over time i've come to regard this issue as the thorn in my flesh in which i don't feel low anymore. I'm learning to use this time to spend more time with Him and thank Him for this thorough rest He gives my body every once in a while.
Share:

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes dear, His grace is more than sufficient for us.